Shop Technician Job Responsibilities
Maintains diesel truck equipment and trailer operations by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments, alignments; and keeping records.
Shop Technician Job Duties:
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, and repairing.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- A/C and Brake Certification a plus, but can obtain certification during employment.
- Off days are Sunday and Monday and will alternate every other Saturday for Monday.
- Hours are 8 am to 5 pm with available overtime when needed
- Pay range will be based on experience.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must provide a major assortment of your own tools to do what’s required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
Applicants must wear a mask and have their temp checked before interview.
- Diesel Engine Repair: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Only full-time employees eligible
- In person