CFO – The Morgan Companies
Who We Are:
Morgan Van Lines (MVL) is a growing asset-based truckload carrier, headquartered in Booneville Mississippi, which specializes in dry van freight with a fleet of 80+ tractors and over 200 trailers. MVL, founded in 1962, has built a legacy around its family-owned atmosphere with integrity, hard work, inspiring others and teamwork values.
MoCo Transportation (MoCo), MVL’s sister brokerage company, is a non-asset based truckload provider that offers logistics services to customers across a wide range of industries. Moco has found its niche by understanding shippers’ logistics pain points, helping with less desirable traffic lanes and those difficult loads that need a combination of assets coupled with outside capacity. Moco works with small fleets and owner operators to provide flexible and customizable service options for the customer.
Primary Job Summary:
The Morgan Company’s current CFO will be retiring and we’re looking for its successor. This position will provide financial direction to preserve the future of all the Morgan companies (MVL, ML, MoCo & J Morgan). This position will work closely with the CEO/President to review quarterly financial reports, identify areas of improvement & implement budgeting initiatives company-wide. The CFO will use their experience in business development and financial planning to increase revenue and pay off liabilities. This position requires analytic thinking and a creative mindset to come up with innovative solutions and provide suggestions about company finances. This position will provide supervision of accounting and manage internal company controls. This position will reconcile bank statements, generate W2’s & 1099’s and close out monthly/quarterly/annual financials.
- Highest degree of integrity
- Exceptional work ethic & positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or similar field (preferred MBA – Masters of Business Admin)
- Preferred certification – Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong IT skills
- Must sign Non-Compete and Confidentiality agreement
- Must pass Pre-Employment Drug Screen
- Must pass MVL’s background check
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance offered through Blue Cross Blue Shields
- Dental Insurance offered through Guardian
- Vision Insurance offered through Guardian
- Life Insurance offered through Guardian
- Aflac Coverage available for Disability, Accident & Cancer
- 401k w/ employer contribution